Tamara Landau, Sculptor
Tamara Landau, psychoanalyst, became a sculptor so she could listen to, think about and convey the hidden inexpressible suffering of her patients. Between 1994 and 2002 she attended the ateliers of Alberto Carlinsky, a pupil of Ossip Zadkine, of Françoise Voledda and the Ateliers des Beaux Arts in Paris. Direct carving asserts itself as the first poetic writing of the unfathomable area of the unconscious. Her works in alabaster, a feminine stone, very erotic and sinuous, and at once hard and tender, strongly express this primal ambivalence.
Tamara Landau has been taking part in collective exhibitions since 2001: “Art in progress” Artship, Paris, San Francisco and the Ateliers des Beaux Arts. Successively, a cultural and artistic exchange with Jean-Pierre Landau, psychoanalyst and painter, and his “words-colours”, would bring new nourishment to her theoretical elaborations and writings.
* In 2004 she presented her sculptures on the theme of the “enfant enclavé” at the Montparnasse Museum in Paris, at the Marseilles Exhibition and Convention Centre and at the Vinatier in Lyon.
* In 2005, her exhibition at the Espace Beaurepaire in Paris closed this phase devoted to listening to torment and the primal fault.
* A new more joyous reflection announced itself, one on time, the unconscious and the ability for transformation of subjects. Creation thus becomes at once a tool for listening, for change and the only way of relating to the world. The relation between being, time and desire is now represented playfully in her installations, which link dreams and memories to the real in a poetic act. In the 2008 exhibition “L'é-lu, l'é -cri et le temps” at the Blanchisserie gallery in Boulogne, Tamara Landau marks a turning point with “Bloc-notes Magique 1”, which continues to plunge us inside the unconscious and makes us fly over the universe of all that is possible like on a magic carpet.
* In August 2008, her installation “Space and dream 1” was selected by the jury to represent France at OPEN XI, the International Sculpture and Installations Exhibition in Biennale of Venice.
* In October 2008, her alabaster sculptures were exhibited in Chiavenna (Lombardy, Italy) at the International Sculpture, Installations and Painting Exhibition.
* In November 2008, she took part with a video and her installations in the exhibition “A.N.G.E.L.I e tracce d'infinito” at the Mya Lurgo gallery in Lugano.
* In February 2009, she presented the installation “Bloc-notes 2” at Spazio Tadini in Milan. In May, she participated with a video and a performance in the collective exhibition “The Soul of the Sound”, organized by the contemporary art research workshop Pardes, based in Mirano (Venice) and linked to the Venice Biennale.
* In October 2009, with some of her sculptures, she took part in the collective exhibition organised by Mnemoart at the Royal Villa of Monza "Visible and Invisible Territories of Evil".
* In May 2010, she presented her video “L'autre scene. Traces” at the Freud Museum in London.
* In October 2010, she took part with an alabaster triptych in the exhibition “Elevations and Permutations 2” for the Contemporary Art Museums Day organised in Mirano (Venice). The exhibition was filmed by Italian State TV for the arts show “Il Paradiso dell'Arte” on Rai 2.
* In April 2011, she participated with her installation “Rescapé” in a collective exhibition on the Shoah held in Paris at the Societé des Gens et des Lettres. In October, she participated with some of her works in the painting and sculpture exhibition “Ars poetica erotica” at the Orenda International Art gallery in Paris.
* In April 2012, she presented an alabaster, a large installation and the video “Mèrefille toutattaché” at the collective exhibition for her book “Les funambules de l'oubli” (The Tightrope Walkers of Oblivion) held at the Hungarian Institute in Paris.
* In June 2012, projection of her videos at the bookshop La Terrasse de Gutenberg in Paris.
* 2013 Projection of her videos at the Buenos Aires Conference Centre
* 2013 Collective MnemoArt exhibition at the Paris XIV Municipal Building.
* 2014 Video-performance with Jean-Pierre Landau at the bookshop La Terrasse de Gutenberg in Paris.
* 2015 Video-performance with Jean-Pierre Landau at the exhibition « Père&Fils » at the Milan French Institute.
* 2015 Video-performance « The Tightrope Walkers of Oblivion » at the Milan French Institute.
* 2015 Projection of her videos at the exhibition « Jean-Pierre Landau or listening at work » at Spazio Tadini in Milan.
* 2015 Collective exhibition « The Taste of Words » at Spazio Tadini in Milan, Fuoriexpo Milan, 2015.
* 2015 Video-performance « The Tightrope Walkers of Oblivion » at the Alliance Française in Buenos Aires.
* 2015 Collective exhibition BAR, Beauty-Art-Restoration, at the Central Archives of the State in Rome.
* 2016 Collective exhibition « Memory and Infinity » at the Utopia gallery in Rome.
* 2016 Projection of her videos at Jean-Pierre Landau’s exhibition « A Psychoanalyst’s Notebook » at the DAIstudio in Rome.
* 2016 Video-performance with Jean-Pierre Landau at the Central Archives of the State in Rome.
* 2016 Video-Performance « The Tightrope Walkers of Oblivion » at DAIstudio in Rome.
* 2016 Projection of her videos and presentation of her books in Palermo, Navarra publishers.
Anna Caterina Bellati, curator and publisher, BELLATI books.